Nashville Jimmy

The complete blow by blow of the TEAM IN TRAINING spring season. Here you'll learn about the Leukemia, Team in Training, the TEAM, a little bit about New Jersey, a little bit about Nashville, a little bit bout me, Big Poppa,and food. I may have to bring back a story or two about past trainings (put your underwear on the right way round; makes running easier).

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

GTS December 19, 2006

It was a hell of workout. But I should start with what happened last night. My company held their annual holiday party. And who should show up but my old friend:

Johnnie and I had a grand ol' time. Reliving old times and telling tales. Made me feel like I was 21 again! The night wore on and I was destined to meet another friend of Johnnie's that I have not spoken to in years:
After speaking to Mr. Wellworth
I crawled into bed secure in the knowledge that I wouldn't have to run on Tuesday because I was on Bagwatch.

The next morning, after apologizing to a few of my co-workers, I spent the good part of Tuesday morning drinking water and thinking about how nice it was going to be to spend the evening sitting in Urban Athletics while the team ran in Central Park. I'd look at shoes, try on a pair or two, try on some clothes, get a slice of pizza from next door...you get the picture.

Then it all went wrong. My fellow mentor, Deb, e-mailed me asking if she could bagwatch tonight because she was resting an injury. What could I say? Sorry Deb, I'm too hung over to run? I suppose I could have, but I didn't. I said sure.

Fortunately by the time I got to practice I had re-hydrated myself and fueled up. I felt good for the practice, Tonight was the Tiki Tiki run. Short quick strides and fast moving arms. Now the thing about this is, when I start to pick of the pace, I start lengthening my stride and picking up my knees. It starts to feel a little awkward.

Oh yeah, I'm never drinking again.*

-Jim

*Well not that much anyway. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home