Nashville Jimmy

The complete blow by blow of the TEAM IN TRAINING spring season. Here you'll learn about the Leukemia, Team in Training, the TEAM, a little bit about New Jersey, a little bit about Nashville, a little bit bout me, Big Poppa,and food. I may have to bring back a story or two about past trainings (put your underwear on the right way round; makes running easier).

Sunday, December 31, 2006

12.30.06 Coaches, we don't need no stinkin' coaches!

Today we were scheduled to do our long run in the park. But practice was canceled It's not even New Years and our coaches are out celebrating the New Year.
Look at them, smiling having a good time. You know why they're smiling? Because they know they're going to sleep in on Saturday morning. And you know what they deserve it. These people donate hours of time, not just watching us run, but out side of practice fielding questions from people like me. Questions like, "I'm chaffing in a very private area, what should I do." or "is my toe nail supposed to be that shade of black?" They answer these questions quickly and with out judgment. (Although, a couple of them were looking at me funny last week.)

A group of us banded together, and we declared, "with or with out the coaches will run our long run this Saturday!" Secretly, we were all like, "won't the coaches be impressed by our dedication?" even more secretly, at least to myself, "I just want to run because it makes me feel good." Cheesy, I know, but it's the truth. As it turns out there was a group of us who all felt the need to run, so we organized our selves and had us a little run in the park.

Happy New Year!

-Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home