Nashville Jimmy

The complete blow by blow of the TEAM IN TRAINING spring season. Here you'll learn about the Leukemia, Team in Training, the TEAM, a little bit about New Jersey, a little bit about Nashville, a little bit bout me, Big Poppa,and food. I may have to bring back a story or two about past trainings (put your underwear on the right way round; makes running easier).

Monday, April 16, 2007

Brooklyn Half Marathon

So you pay a few bucks and they give you this nifty t-shirt. Let me tell you all about the run...It started on Coney Island Boardwalk and then out Ocean Parkway to Prospect Park. Here's a linky to a map of the route: linky

They call it a "boardwalk," because it's made of actual boards. No kidding, real wood and nails holding 'em down. The thing is, boards on the ocean, not all of them are going to stay nailed, what with wind, sand and left over Nathan's Hot Dogs eating away at the wood and nails. I saw a few runners take a stumble over a nail or a loose board and I promised my self, that I would not do that. Besides it's the first two miles of the race, there's no need to run fast, right? So I'm running along with my teammates Jeff and Melissa. We're talking about the weather, the clothes we're wearing, yada, yada, yada...and I then thunk, pblounk, I catch my foot on one those nails sticking up out of the boardwalk. I didn't do a face plant, but I came pretty close. Arms and legs flailing, like I'd just been stuck with a hot poker.

We weren't supposed to race this race, it was really a long run, since the marathon is two weeks away!!! Ok, so that's about it then, just tapering down the mileage till race day. Looking forward to the Nashville.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Laura said...

I am running the marathon next weekend too. You may not remember me, but I was in the house when you were in your last couple years at K-State. Good luck at the race and maybe see you at the after-race concert (if you can stand the country music).

ericrapley@hotmail.com

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home