Nashville Jimmy

The complete blow by blow of the TEAM IN TRAINING spring season. Here you'll learn about the Leukemia, Team in Training, the TEAM, a little bit about New Jersey, a little bit about Nashville, a little bit bout me, Big Poppa,and food. I may have to bring back a story or two about past trainings (put your underwear on the right way round; makes running easier).

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1/2/06 GTS in Central Park

Welcome to the New Year!

Are you ready to run? To be quite honest, no I wasn't. I had kind of a long weekend, what with the holiday and all. I went to a lovely New Year's party and didn't get home till much later in the evening.

Work was tough. The heat was still on full tilt boogie. Again I was sweating through out the day. By the time it was the end of the day, I was ready for a nap, not a run. But I managed to get myself up to Urban Athletics.

There were a lot of people there. Happy New Year's were shouted through out the store.

The exercise for this evening: Effort Levels 1 & 4!

We warmed up from 91st street up to the 103rd street traverse. On the traverse, most of us did this: run like the wind (effort level four) till you see Ramon (he was the half way point), then for the rest of the way run at effort level one till you get to the end of the traverse, then turn around and go back to Ramon at effort level four. Get the picture, run hard, run slow, run hard, run slow. We did this for frickin' ever. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I swear every time I came to Ramon he'd start moving away from me.

I was pretty well plum tuckered out, by the end of practice. And I had pains in parts of my body that I didn't know could have pains. When people talk about "a pain in the butt," that phrase takes on a whole new meaning. For some reason I was having pain up the back of my leg and deep inside the gluteus maximus! Yeoow!!!

I'm recovered. For now. I just sat in a bucket of ice when I got home. It's all good.

-Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home