Nashville Jimmy

The complete blow by blow of the TEAM IN TRAINING spring season. Here you'll learn about the Leukemia, Team in Training, the TEAM, a little bit about New Jersey, a little bit about Nashville, a little bit bout me, Big Poppa,and food. I may have to bring back a story or two about past trainings (put your underwear on the right way round; makes running easier).

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

HILL TRAINING BEGINS, AGAIN

CAT HILL
WE
MEET AGAIN


yes, this is a picture of a shaved cat

Tonight's drill: run up and down Cat Hill till your legs fall off.

The specific instructions were to run from the bottom of Cat Hill to the top incorporating proper technique: short quick strides, low arms and good breathing. Then recover on the way down.

When I recover, I RECOVER. I take my time and slow my pace down so I can really get my breathing back to normal. People pass me on the way down, but I don't care. I got to get my breath back.

What was really cool about this practice was talking to everyone about their runs over the weekend. My mentee's had a great weekend. A few were running on Saturday morning (see earlier post) in the bitter cold (hardcore) and a couple of them ran the half marathon. Some had their longest runs to date this past weekend. I admire all of them for getting out there in the cold and running.

-JP

3 Comments:

Blogger B McGee said...

You know what helps me recover from a cold run? Rice and gravy...yum.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jim,

Way to recover! When those fast recoverers are dying on the next repeat, maybe they'll learn to emulate you!

Also, congrats on the half-marathon time. That's awesome!

Alexia

12:42 PM  
Blogger Piya said...

ah cat hill... that brings back some memories... mostly of wanting to vomit or die. and yet, i'm nostalgic for cat hill. pk

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home